You will need:
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Teaspoons Hot Water
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Soften butter and place in a large mixing bowl. If your butter is coming right from the fridge, unwrap butter first and stick in the bowl to microwave, instead of the other way around.
Add in both sugars.
Cream with an electric mixer, until butter and sugars are well combined.
Beat in eggs, one at a time.
And then beat in your vanilla. Feel free to do more if you want! I add vanilla to EVERYTHING, and it's amazing!
What makes this recipe different than others is that you mix the baking soda with hot water to dissolve it before adding it to the batter.
Add in the salt.
Gradually add in the flour until it's well combined.
The dough is a bit thicker than your usual batter, but I like how the cookies turn out when it is! Their nice and chunky!
Add in the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
Drop the dough on cookie sheets. I use the scoop pictured, and it makes about 2 tablespoon sized drops.
Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges are just golden brown. Let the cookies sit on the sheet for a couple minutes before you move them to the cooling rack to finish cooling (or eat right away!).
You do not have to grease the pan, and the cookies really cook evenly with this recipe!
Enjoy your chewy, yet crunchy, delicious cookies that will take you back to your childhood! This batch makes 3-4 dozen.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3-4 dozen
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp Hot Water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and then vanilla. Mix in salt. Dissolve baking soda in the hot water, and mix into the batter. Gradually beat in the flour. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts (optional). Drop spoonfuls of batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges are just golden brown. Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes, and finish cooling on a cooling rack.
What's your favorite cookie recipe?